POCKET WIZARD PLUS III RADIO SLAVE TRANSCEIVER YELLOW
POCKET WIZARD PLUS III RADIO SLAVE TRANSCEIVER YELLOW
The PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver is the most reliable, feature-packed, easy-to-use solution for remote flash and camera triggering available. The Plus III Transceiver features an impressive 32 channels. Whether you’re a wedding or sports shooter or working in a busy studio, finding a clear channel is never a problem. Selective Quad-Zone Triggering, a feature once reserved for elite photographers, adds four zones enabling photographers to remotely trigger flash and or cameras in groups or individually. For photographers being asked to do more for less, this added flexibility is a huge competitive advantage.
The Plus III is simple to operate. The soft-touch keypad is large and intuitive and a beautifully backlit LCD panel displays everything you need to know. All of this is presented in a sleek, side-view design which reduces the viewing obstruction while conveniently positioning all controls. The precision-tuned antenna is housed inside the case of the radio for better durability.
The Plus III adds to the legendary Plus reliability with a working range that will meet photographer’s everyday needs. For more challenging environments or distances, there are two added features to improve range and reliability. Long Range Mode (LR) will roughly double the working range and is ideal for remote camera triggering. Repeater Mode (RP) allows the addition of one or more radios in between the transmitting and receiving radios to overcome distance, obstacles or other interference. RP mode works well for both remote camera triggering and remote flash triggering.
Like the Plus II, the Plus III is an Auto-Sensing Transceiver which means it will automatically switch between transmit and receive as needed. This is very useful when syncing remote cameras to remote flash. When the receiving radio on a remote camera receives a trigger, it can automatically engage Auto-Relay Mode and send a trigger signal out on the next higher channel. This triggers remote flash completely in-sync with the remote camera.
Remote camera users will love the new Two-Stage Trigger feature. The TEST button on the Plus III acts like a camera’s shutter release with “half-press”. Use this unique feature to wake, focus and meter a remote camera before triggering. Pressing TEST all the way triggers the remote camera. Also, with a Plus III on a hand-held camera connected with a PocketWizard ACC cable to the motor-drive port, that camera’s shutter release will also wake and prepare a remote camera for shooting. With remote camera triggering you can deliver two or more images for every push of the button and capture multiple angles all at the same time.
Of course, the Plus III is reverse-compatible with all PocketWizard radios, making it the perfect addition to existing gear. It is especially well paired with the MultiMAX which has the same set of 32 channels and four zones.
The Plus III can fire at sustained triggering rates of up to a blazing 14.5 frames per second. Two AA batteries can power the Plus III up to 50 hours and when needed for remote camera triggering, it can be powered with an external battery through the Mini-B USB 2.0 port. The USB port can also be used for firmware updates.
Whether new to remote triggering of camera’s and flashes or a top professional pushing gear to the limits, the Plus III’s reliability, simplicity and performance make it the perfect tool for the job. The Plus III is the new standard of excellence.
FULL FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS:
With the PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver’s 32 channels (16 standard plus 16 Quad-Zone Triggering channels), finding an open channel is easy. Photographers working in a busy environment, including wedding halls, sports arenas or busy studios, can dial in a channel as simply as pushing a button.
Selective Quad-Zone Triggering keeps you shooting photos, not running back and forth to your lighting or cameras. Without leaving the camera position, you can wirelessly activate or deactivate your remote flashes or cameras in 4 separately controllable zones: A, B, C, or D. This is ideal when using multiple lighting setups or turning remote cameras on and off as needed. The Plus III Transceiver is also the perfect partner for the MultiMAX® radio, which also features 32 channels and four zones.
Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology
With our patented Auto-Sensing Transceiver technology, the Plus III Transceiver is one smart radio. When set to TxRx, it will instantly and intelligently switch between transmitter and receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. The Plus III may be set to transmit (Tx) or receive (Rx) only when needed.
Two-Stage Remote Camera Triggering
The Plus III Transceiver is the perfect solution for remote camera triggering. The unique two-stage TEST button on the Plus III works just like the shutter release button on your camera. Press it halfway and your remote camera wakes up to meter and focus. Press TEST all the way to take your photo. When released, your remote camera will return to sleep mode normally; a real battery saver. Using the right cables, you can have a remote camera follow the camera in your hands – half press your hand-held camera’s shutter release and the remote camera meters/focuses, full press and both cameras trigger away. This feature requires a receiving Plus III, MultiMAX or FlexTT5, and ACC Pre-Trigger cables.
Our Auto-Sensing Transceiver technology lets you trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flashes using only 3 PocketWizard radios: the one in your hands, a Plus III cabled to your remote camera, and the one connected to your remote flash. The Plus III cabled to your remote camera will receive a radio signal and trigger the camera’s motor drive, then switch to transmit mode and trigger your PocketWizard-connected remote flashes, all automatically. Start the sequence by simply pressing the TEST button of any PocketWizard Transmitter in your hands. Remote cameras require motor drive cables.
Long Range Capability
Under ideal conditions, The Plus III Transceiver works up to 500 meters (1600 feet). Shooting environments are seldom ideal, so the Plus III incorporates two range extending modes for the challenges of the real world. Use Long Range Mode (LR) to nearly double the effective triggering distance in almost any environment. In very challenging environments or extremely long working ranges, place a Plus III in Repeater Mode (RP) between your transmitter and receiver to repeat the signal and complete the connection. These modes take a little extra time to do their jobs, so maximum X-sync may be reduced when firing remote flashes in LR or RP modes.
High Speed Receive
Normally, the Plus III is capable of triggering lights or cameras at a sustained rate of up to 12 frames per second (FPS), a standard for PocketWizard radios. Set the Plus III to High Speed Receive Mode (HSR) and trigger at rates up to 14.5 FPS, beyond the capability of most of today’s cameras. This mode can also help high FPS triggering compatibility for any flash.
The Plus III has an intuitive user interface where all channels, zones and modes can be easily engaged via a soft-touch keypad, and displayed on an easy-to-read backlit 2.5cm (1″) LCD display. When you’re working in dark environments, simply press any key other than TEST to Illuminate the LCD.
Ultra-fast microprocessors allow for reliable sync speeds of 1/250 for focal plane shutters and 1/500 for leaf shutters.
On your camera, the Plus III slides into the hot shoe with no cables required. For your remotes, it features one do-it-all sync port. The industry-standard miniphone (3.5mm or 1/8″) connector is much more reliable than a PC connection, so each Plus III comes complete with a miniphone-to-miniphone cable, and a miniphone-to-phono (1/4″ or 6.3mm) adapter for triggering the majority of modern flashes. And it even comes with a miniphone to locking PC cable for triggering some remote speedlights, or for using your Plus III on-camera when you can’t put it in a hot shoe. Other miniphone connector cables are available for major brands of lighting equipment in a variety of lengths. Dedicated remote camera triggering cables are also available for popular camera systems.
The Plus III is compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers of the same frequency* including PocketWizard-enabled photo gear from Profoto, Dynalite, Norman, Photogenic and Sekonic light meters. The PocketWizard wireless system allows for total flexibility with whatever lights or cameras you may be working with. (*FCC and CE PocketWizard radios work on different frequencies)
Sleek New Design
The Plus III features a durable, side profile design with an unobtrusive, internal antenna minimizing visual obstruction between you and your subject. By utilizing an internal antenna, there’s no chance to kink or break it when on location. The total height of the transceiver and antenna is less than 5.25 inches, and it weighs only 4 ounces, including batteries.
Two AA (IEC:LR6) batteries run the Plus III for about 50 hours. External power can be supplied to the standard Mini-B USB port. The captive battery door won’t get lost.
Up to Date
The Plus III is firmware-upgradable. Simply connect it to a PC or Mac and download and install the latest firmware with the PocketWizard Utility software.
- 32 Channels – Featuring 16 standard and 16 Quad-Zone Triggering channels, finding an open channel to use is simplified and efficient. Switching between channels is accomplished with one-touch operation.
- Quad-Zone Triggering – You can program up to 4 working zones for remote control of flashes. This allows you the ability to wirelessly activate and deactivate your flashes, enabling you to remain in camera position without having to manually adjust lighting setups. This is ideal for using multiple lighting setups and managing remote cameras as needed.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver – When set in TxRx mode, the transceiver is able to instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter or receiver.
- Auto-Relay Mode – When using 3 PocketWizard radios; you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simplistic and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Long Range Capability – When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1640′ / 500m away. When conditions are not ideal for a long range transmission, Long Range mode can be used to nearly double the effective range of the signal. There is also Repeater mode, which will repeat the signal several times, increasing the possibility of a successful transmission at long range.
- High Speed Capability – When in High Speed Receive mode, this transceiver is capable of triggering cameras or flashes up to 14.5 fps. Normal performance also permits triggering up to 12 fps. It is also capable of sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. for focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. for leaf shutters.
- Simplified User Interface and Design – Clearly displayed on a 1″ / 2.5cm backlit LCD, all of the channels, zones, and modes can be configured using a soft-touch keypad. The design of the transceiver also incorporates a side-view LCD for easier viewing and an internal antenna for a less obtrusive appearance.
- Wide Compatibility and Connectability – The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone to miniphone, miniphone to phono, and miniphone to PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment. The Plus III is powered by 2 x AA batteries and can be kept up to date with firmware updates utilizing the USB port.
- Units sold in USA use 344.0 MHz for channels 1-16, and 346.5-354.0 MHz for channels 17-32
- Units sold in Europe use 433.62 MHz for channels 1-16, and 434.22 for channels 17-32
- USA and Euro models cannot converse with each other
- USA models may interfere with devices in Europe
Operating Range 1640′ / 500 m
Channels 16 standard channels 16 selective Quad Zone Triggering channels
Power Source 2 x AA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, NiCAD, NiZn, Li-ion) USB (with optional adapter)
Dimensions 5.25 x 2 x 1″ / 13.3 x 5.1 x 3.2 cm
Weight 4 oz /120 g
- Quick Guide
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone to Miniphone Cable
- Mono 3.5mm Miniphone to Locking PC Cable
- Stereo 3.5mm Miniphone to 1/4 In. Adapter
- Operation Reference Sticker
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Brand Name Pocket Wizard
We're both an Affiliate and a direct storeWe hope you love the products we review, offer and recommend! Just so you know, if you decide to make a purchase, depending on the item, you may be directed to the appropriate affiliate site and your purchase will be directly from them, with a small referral proceeds collected by us as a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you!
1 review for POCKET WIZARD PLUS III RADIO SLAVE TRANSCEIVER YELLOW
- 4.34 rating from 456 reviews
Besegad Universele Nylon Neck Strap Pols Riem Compatibel Met Gopro Slr Dslr Sport Action Camera Klimmen Touw Schouderriem
Nikon Z6II Mirrorless Camera Body FX-Format Full-Frame 4K UHD Video 1659 Bundle with Deco Gear Travel Bag Case + Extra…Sold by
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.